This bright and amusing book provides a wealth of vocabulary-building opportunities for beginner Japanese learners of all ages.
Stephen Cartwright's delightful pictures encourage direct association of the Japanese word with object, which will ensure effective, long-term learning.
- 1000 everyday words illustrated with busy scenes and labelled pictures to help children learn key vocabulary.
- Next to each picture, the Japanese word is written in "kana”, the Japanese syllabic signs often used for beginners, along with a transliteration in Roman letters.
- Includes a short introduction to "kana" with a simple pronunciation guide and a Japanese/English list of all the words in the book.
- Readers can listen to every word read by a native Japanese speaker at the Usborne Quicklinks Website.
- With an Usborne yellow duck to find on every double page.