Elementary and Pre-Intermediate Level
Grammar and vocabulary series for all ages, taking students from elementary to advanced with practice books and CD-ROMs, print and online tests, and online practice.
Oxford English Grammar Course Basic and Intermediate are revisions and expansions of the highly successful Good Grammar Book and How English Works. The Advanced level is completely new, and includes grammar for reading, writing and speaking. The course will enable advanced level students to benefit from Practical English Usage.
- Short, clear grammar explanations are easy to remember
- Real examples show how the grammar works in practice
- Engaging practice activities including Internet exercises, Grammar in a text and Grammar and vocabulary
- Colour illustrations and cartoons put grammar in context
- Exercises are organised into two levels of difficulty (Basic and Intermediate only)
- 'Pronunciation for grammar' CD-ROM practises rhythm, stress and intonation
- Free downloadable lesson-by-lesson Teacher's Guide for each level, with suggestions for hundreds of additional communicative and out-of-class activities
Each section opens with a lively presentation page which introduces the point of grammar.
Grammar explanations are short, clear and easy to remember. Colour is used to highlight grammatical contrasts. Each grammar explanation is followed immediately by an activity, so that students can practise before moving on to the next explanation. Engaging practice activities include Internet exercises which enable students to see how language is used in real life, Do-it-yourself exercises which encourage students to discover how grammar works, and personalisation activities which allow students to use the grammar to talk about themselves.
There are 'More practice' pages and a revision test at the end of each section.
OEGC Basic has units at two levels. Some, marked 'Revise the Basics', revise elementary points of grammar which may still cause problems; units marked 'Level 2' are more advanced.
Each level has a free downloadable Teacher's Guide. These lesson-by-lesson guides supplement the Student's Book exercises with hundreds of additional communicative and out-of-class practice activities, to help students make the move from practising grammar to using grammar. They also contain helpful Language Notes showing typical problems students may have with certain structures, often because of cross-language differences. You can see a sample of the Basic Teacher's Guide, or download the complete Guides free from www.oup.com/elt/oegcteachersguides.
At the end of Basic your students will be ready to move on to Oxford English Grammar Course Intermediate.