The first level in a three-level topic-based vocabulary course to learn and practise words, phrases and lexical grammar in context.
Oxford Word Skills improves students' vocabulary and vocabulary learning skills. Short, clear presentations and lots of opportunity for practice give students the confidence to use new vocabulary. 80 units at each level mean they cover a huge range of topics and everyday situations. Extra practice and interactive activities on CD-ROM.
- 2,000 words at each level show the meaning and how words work in context
- 'I can...' approach to each unit so students can see learning goals
- Fully integrated Super Skills CD-ROM with interactive listening and speaking activities and pronunciation model for every vocabulary item
- 'Cover and check' card makes it easy for students to test themselves
- Regular review units so students can check progress
Oxford Word Skills presents and practises the words, phrases, and lexical grammar students need to listen, speak, read, and write confidently on a wide range of topics and everyday situations.
Units are simple and clear. Each one sets a clear 'I can ...' learning goal so students can see exactly what they will be able to do and why.
With over 2,000 key words at each level and plenty of opportunity to practise, students can cover exactly the vocabulary they need - including typical exam topics.
It is ideal for use either in or outside the classroom. Each unit introduces just the right amount of vocabulary for students to learn and remember in one session and explains the new words using real-life contexts and situations.
Easy-to-use: there are spaces for writing in the answers plus a 'Test yourself' cover card for students to 'cover and check' they have learned the new vocabulary.
Regular review units allow students to check their progress and test longer-term recall.
Short of time? You can use Oxford Word Skills for just 20 or 30 minutes of a lesson. Short explanations and quick practice activities mean minimal preparation.