Intermediate to Advanced Level
English grammar and practice for Academic Purposes
A grammar reference and practice book for students on pre-university or university courses taught in English.
Oxford Grammar for EAP is a grammar reference and practice book which provides students with the functional grammar they need to succeed in their academic studies, whatever their chosen subject.
It reviews and consolidates the key grammatical areas needed for essay writing and presentations, and puts theory into practice with exercises which test knowledge and challenge understanding.
Includes detailed answer key.
- Provides students with the functional grammar they need to succeed in their academic studies, whatever their chosen subject
- Reviews and consolidates the key grammatical areas needed for essay writing and presentations such as modal verbs, noun phrases, conditionals, and relative clauses
- Suitable for students across a wide range of disciplines, e.g. business, finance, history, natural sciences, engineering, technology
- Demonstrates and practises how to use strategies for academic writing and speaking such as comparing and contrasting, arguing and persuading, talking about cause and effect, and paraphrasing
- Detailed answer key includes model answers to extended writing tasks
- Quick test yourself exercises provide practice of specific grammar points
- Tips highlight extra information worth remembering
- Academic Word List glossaries help with learning high-frequency academic vocabulary used in the 'Challenge yourself' exercises
- Supports all levels of Oxford EAP but works effectively as a supplement to any course or for independent study