English for Aviation has been designed to help students reach ICAO Operational Level 4. It can be used to supplement a regular coursebook, on its own, as a stand-alone intensive specialist course, or for self-study.
English for Aviation will help pilots and air traffic controllers with standard phraseology as well as improve English in the skills areas specified by ICAO.
Key Features of the Book:
- An introductory unit on air communications and a closing unit on end-of-flight ground movements
- Units in sequence from pre-flight via en-route events to landing
- Activities so practise the ICAO skills areas of pronunciation, structure, vocabulary, fluency, comprehension, and interactions
- Partner files for role-play
Key of the Audio CD:
- A complete range of authentic radio telephony extracts
- A mix of native and non-native speaker accents
Key Features of the CD-ROM:
- Interactive exercises to practise structure, vocabulary, and listening comprehension