Vocabulary practice activities help you learn the key words you need to use when studying any academic subject in English at university level.
- Activities to improve your writing in key areas such as evaluating ideas, explaining concepts and expressing opinions
- Section 1 focuses on Vocabulary Skills (Units 1-7)
- Covers 650 key words, with opportunities to practise words more than once
- Authentic texts, showing how the words are used in academic writing
- Highlighting of words from the Academic Word List
- 650-word glossary with definitions and phonetics for all keywords
- Useful reference sections on collocations, affixes and dependent prepositions
- Complete answer key to all exercises for self-study
- More practice exercises and short writing tasks available at www.oup.com/elt/academicvocabulary
- Also available: Oxford Learner's Dictionary of Academic English (print and app) and Oxford Grammar for EAP
Over 250 practice activities help you learn and practise 650 key words you need to use in your written work. A 650-word glossary gives further information to help you use words correctly and improve your academic writing.
Authentic academic texts and student essays show how the words are used in academic writing.