With innovations such as DefinitionsPLUS and vocabulary builders, the Collins COBUILD Advanced Dictionary of British English transforms the learner's dictionary from an occasional reference into the ultimate resource and must-have dictionary for language learners. The definitions have been created using a controlled vocabulary, and each definition has been reviewed by a team of classroom teachers to ensure that they are appropriate for learners at the intermediate level.
- Each definition is written using the high-frequency words and naturally occuring grammatical patterns native speakers actually use, making every entry a model of how to use the language appropriately.
- "Word Webs" present related vocabulary within a context.
- "Picture Dictionary" boxes illustrate vocabulary and concepts.
- "Word Partnerships" show high-frequency word patterns.
- "Thesaurus" boxes offer both synonyms and antonym for the target word.
- "Word Link" boxes "Word Links" highlight the most common prefixes, suffixes, and word roots of the target word.
- "Usage" sections clarify the use of commonly misused words and other confusing language, and explain cultural references.