- Why is green the colour of Ireland?
- How have Irish inventions changed war, farming and football?
- Did St. Patrick really force all the snakes out of Ireland?
- Why are Irish people great diplomats but not such great politicians, great musicians but not such great dancers?
- Why don’t we eat a lot of fish?
These are just some of the questions that are considered in The Irish Culture Book 2. There are many more.
The Irish Culture Book 2 is a photocopiable resource book of activities designed to foster discussion on aspects of Irish culture.
It can be used by anyone with an interest in exploring Irish culture, most especially in a learning or multicultural environment. The book is particularly useful for teachers of English as a Second Language (ESL) and can be used by language students as a self-access book.
The book can help students develop speaking skills and improve fluency. The conversations deepen critical thinking skills essential for success in a new culture and also for studying in university programs. The book is full of interesting and thought-provoking activities and gives users great opportunities for comparative reflection on their own cultures.
There are over 350 questions, over 100 quotations including Irish proverbs; as well as questionnaires, matching and correcting exercises; quizzes and creative problem-solving tasks. All listening is available to download for free at: www.irishculturebook.com