Digital Literacies (Research and Resources in Language Teaching)
Dramatic shifts in our communication landscape have made it crucial for language teaching to go beyond print literacy and encompass the digital literacies which are increasingly central to learners’ personal, social, educational and professional lives. By situating these digital literacies within a clear theoretical framework, this book provides educators and students alike with not just the background for a deeper understanding of these key 21st-century skills, but also the rationale for integrating these skills into classroom practice. This is the first methodology book to address not just why but also how to teach digital literacies in the English language classroom.
This book provides:
- A theoretical framework through which to categorise and prioritise digital literacies
- Practical classroom activities to help learners and teachers develop digital literacies in tandem with key language skills
- A thorough analysis of the pedagogical implications of developing digital literacies in teaching practice
- A consideration of exactly how to integrate digital literacies into the English language syllabus
- Suggestions for teachers on how to continue their own professional development through PLNs (Personal Learning Networks), and how to access teacher development opportunities online
This book is ideal for English language teachers and learners of all age groups and levels, academics and students researching digital literacies, and anyone looking to expand their understanding of digital literacies within a teaching framework.
Delivery in 2 - 5 working days when in stock. Allow up to 14 days for non-stock items.