The Lexical Approach: The State of ELT and a Way Forward
The Lexical Approach develops current thinking, synthesising the best insights of previous theory, corpus linguistics, discourse analysis, and modern approaches to business
- the grammar, vocabulary dichotomy is invalid;
- collocation is used as an organising principle;
- successful language is a wider concept than accurate language;
- the Observe-Hypothesise-Experiment cycle replaces the Present-Practice-Produce paradigm;
- and, most importantly, language consists of grammatacalised lexis, not lexicalised grammar.
Delivery in 2 - 5 working days when in stock. Allow up to 14 days for non-stock items.