Collins Work on your Accent with DVD-Rom
Intermediate to Proficiency Level
Clearer pronunciation for better communication
If your English accent is letting you down, this is the perfect book for you. You’ll see and hear how to soften the influence of your mother tongue and speak clear English everyone will understand. Professional accent coaches Sarah and Helen show you how to pronounce each sound and when to use them. They will help you recognize why your native language makes you mispronounce certain sounds and which sounds you therefore need to focus on.
Collins Work on your Accent features:
- Thirty-six units on the main consonant and vowel sounds in English
- ‘What am I doing wrong?’ section looks at the mistakes you are most likely to be making based on your native language
- Advice on rhythm, stress and pitch
- Videos, illustrations and photos demonstrating the correct positions to produce accurate sounds
- A DVD-ROM with video and audio clips providing clear native speaker model pronunciation
- Extra practice sections concentrating on the most problematic sounds
- Suitable for self-study and classroom use
Delivery in 2 - 5 working days when in stock. Allow up to 14 days for non-stock items.