10 Nov 2016
Oxford Picture Dictionary English-Arabic
Vibrant, realistic illustrations and unparalleled teaching support make the Oxford Picture Dictionary Program what every classroom needs to build students’ vocabulary, reading and critical thinking skills.
The English/Arabic dictionary is the core component of the Oxford Picture Dictionary Third Edition program, building students’ vocabulary, reading and critical thinking skills for success in their daily lives. It features all of the new content from the monolingual dictionary.
- Dictionary ensures vocabulary retention with over 4,000 words, 421 verbs, and practice activities.
- Updated content including Job Search, Career Planning, Soft Skills, Digital Literacy, Internet Research, and Health Insurance prepares students to meet the requirements of their daily lives.
- Updated activities prepare students for work, academic study, and citizenship.
- Illustrations present over 4,000 English words and phrases within meaningful, real-life contexts
- 11 new and expanded topics including Job Search, Career Planning, and Digital Literacy prepare students to meet the requirements of their daily lives
- Updated activities prepare students for work, academic study, and citizenship
- Oxford 3000™ vocabulary ensures students learn the most useful and important words
The Oxford Picture English/Arabic Dictionary provides a fully integrated vocabulary development program, progressing from essential words to the more complex, delivered in short, thematic units.
This edition still features the rich and vibrant illustrations that the Oxford Picture Dictionary is known and loved for. These illustrations present vocabulary in meaningful, real-life contexts to ensure success outside of class.
So, what’s new in the Third Edition?
- 11 new and expanded topics. What words do students need to navigate a doctor’s appointment? Or on their first day at a new job? New and expanded topics – Illnesses and Medical Conditions, Health Insurance, Cyber Safety, Job Search, Career Planning, Soft Skills, First Day on the Job, Inside a Company, Information Technology, Digital Literacy, Internet Research – focus on the important life skills students need today.
- Updated activities and an increased focus on 21st century skills help students prepare for work, academic study, and citizenship.
- A focus on Oxford 3000 vocabulary ensures students learn the most useful and important words.
Delivery in 2 - 5 working days when in stock. Allow up to 14 days for non-stock items.