Selected Poems – Rainer Maria Rilke
Rainer Maria Rilke (1875-1926) is one of the leading poets of European Modernism, whose poetry explores themes of death, love, and loss. This bilingual edition fully reflects Rilke’s poetic development and includes the full text of the Duino Elegies and the Sonnets to Orpheus in accurate and sensitive new translations.
- A wide-ranging selection from the poetry of one of the leading poets of European Modernism, in new translation and with critically informed introduction and notes.
- The only bilingual edition to include such a broad range of poems.
- A comprehensive anthology containing representative selections from all Rilke’s major verse collections and including the Duino Elegies and the Sonnets to Orpheus in their entirety.
- Powerful translations that are both highly accurate and true to Rilke’s poetic characteristics.
- Invaluable and critically up to date introduction that charts the development of Rilke’s aesthetics and poetic practice and situates him within the development of Modernism.
- Chronology, Select Bibliography, and Explanatory Notes that identify people and places, and include key commentary by Rilke from letters or notes.
Delivery in 2 - 5 working days when in stock. Allow up to 14 days for non-stock items.