1 Jul 2004
The Big Red Book of Spanish Idioms: 4,000 Idiomatic Expressions
The most comprehensive, easy-to-use guide to idioms used in Spanish and English
Idioms are the heart and soul of a language as it’s actually used, and Spanish has thousands of these mystifying expressions most of which you won’t find in any bilingual dictionary. With The Big Red Book of Spanish Idioms you’ll never be in the dark about the meanings of idioms and colloquialisms used across the Spanish-speaking world. And you’ll never be at a loss for the right turn of phrase when speaking or writing Spanish.
The Big Red Book of Spanish Idioms is filled with:
- 4,000 idioms arranged according to Spanish keywords
- 1,800 Spanish keywords and their English equivalents
- 1,800 example sentences for guidance in usage
- 8,000 matching English expressions
- An English-Spanish Index to steer you to the right idioms, instantly
- Extensive cross-referencing that lets you access material in either language
By matching Spanish idioms with English expressions of a similar tone or register, this dictionary makes an ideal reference not only for students of Spanish but also for Spanish-speaking learners of English.
Delivery in 2 - 5 working days when in stock. Allow up to 14 days for non-stock items.